Pontoon is a game much like Blackjack,
played with eight 52-card decks. The objective of the game is to get a hand
that’s as close to 21 as possible, without going over.
You start with two cards, and so does the dealer. The
dealer checks his cards for the winning Pontoon hand, but otherwise they remain
face down. You have the choice of hitting, standing (only if your hand total is
15 or more), doubling or splitting (if your two cards match). Once you are happy
with your hand, the dealer reveals his and hits or stands according to the house
If there is a push, the dealer wins. The dealer must
hit on a soft 17. Card values are just like Blackjack (Jacks, queens and kings
are 10, ace is 1 or 11).
Pontoon rules are explained in more detail below:
The differences between Pontoon and Blackjack are:
- There are two hands that beat a regular 21: Pontoon
(an ace and a ten or picture card) and Five Card Trick (when the player
holds five cards without busting, no matter what the total value of the hand
is). Both hands pay 2 to 1.
- Both the dealer’s cards are face down until the
player stands or busts.
- There is no insurance option.
- In case of a tie, the dealer wins.
- At the beginning of a hand, the dealer will check
his cards. If the dealer has a Pontoon, the dealer’s cards will be turned
over right away and the player will lose his bet.
- The player cannot stand until they have a hand of at
- The player can draw as many cards as they like after
- The player can only split cards with equal rank. For
example you can split two eights or a queen and a king, both of which rank
- If you get an ace and a ten or a picture card in
your split hand, it counts as Pontoon
Regular cards have rank value (2 is two points, 5 is
five points, etc). Jack, queen and king are ten points. The ace is 1 point or 11
Hand ranking and payout
In descending order:
- Pontoon (Ace + 10-point card). Beats every other
hand. Pays 2 to 1.
- Five Card Trick (Any five cards, as long as the
total is not over 21). Beats every hand except Pontoon. Pays 2 to 1.
- 21 (Three or four cards totalling 21). Beats every
hand except Pontoon and Five Card Trick. Pays even money.
- High Total (Two, three or four cards, as long as the
total is not over 21). Beats every hand with a lower total, except Five Card
Trick. Pays even money.
- Bust (Three or more cards totalling more than 21).
Player loses the bet.
- The dealer must hit on a soft 17 (two, three or four
cards totalling 17, if one of them is an ace) or lower.
- The dealer must stand on a hard 17 (two, three or
four cards totalling at least 17 if none of them is an ace) or higher.
- In case of a push, the dealer wins.
The Pontoon game table includes the playing area where
the cards and played chips are displayed, the bet area that shows chips of
available values, and the button area with the player’s action buttons.
Click on the chips to place your bet, and begin the
The following action buttons are used:
- Deal/Rebet . This button is used to start the hand
once you’ve placed your bet, or to quickly bet the same amount as last
- Hit . When you click this button, another card is
dealt to you.
- Stand . When you click this button, you tell the
dealer that you are happy with your hand. The dealer then reveals his cards
and hits or stands as necessary.
- Double . If you believe that you will get a winning
hand this time around (for example, if your current total is 11 and
there’s a good chance the next card will be a ten; or you have four cards
with a low total and want to take your chances with a Five Card Trick hand),
you can click this button and double your bet. You can only use this button
once per hand, but there is no limit to how many cards you can draw after
doubling – as long as you don’t bust. You can also double after
- Split . If you start out with two cards with equal
rank, you can split the hand in two. Your bet will be doubled, and another
card drawn to each of the two hands. You can then play both hands against
the same dealer’s hand. Only one of the split hands can be split again (up
to three hands total).
You can use the following shortcut keys to speed up
- Spacebar – to start a new game round (and rebet if
you haven’t placed a bet manually)
- Number keys – to enter your bet amount
- Esc – to end the game and return to the lobby
Players of every kind will find happiness at the Bellini thanks to its many regular bonuses. Make a deposit over €97 and you will receive a €103 bonus. Over €97 and you will receive a 100% bonus and this for each first deposit of each month! This welcome bonus is only one of the bonuses offered by the casino! Other free bonuses await you, such as the High Roller which is intended for the bigger players (€1000), the loyalty bonus, the Comp points which you can convert into real money, as well as bonuses you get upon using one of the alternative methods of payment.
Download the free software and register in the fun mode to discover the various casino games.
Do not waste a second: come and experience unique moments on Casino Bellini!
Play Pontoon for Free without download.
2007 - © FantasyLigue